Thursday 20 December 2012

final design


My initial t-shirt design ideas


These are my six t-shirt designs, all my work has been leading up to this final piece. My final t-shirt design. Thinking long and hard about different designs i went for these six. They are all surf related designs so it completes the brief.
For each design i had to use a different method and technique. 
For  my first design i used a finer liner and water colours.
for my first design i was planning on scanning it on Photoshop and adding colours or changing the hue saturation on Photoshop of the water colours. To give it a different effect. 
For my second design with it all the blue t-shirt design. I went for a more simple but effective design, just a simple silhouette
of a man, surfboard and a palm tree. This design would be edited in Photoshop to add a watery effect to the blue at the bottom of the t-shirt. 
For my four other designs i draw them with a finer liner and planed to scanned them into Photoshop and add colour. I couldn't really use these designs because two for them i copied for the internet and other were to big for an A4 sheet. Which was the size of the paper we would be printing on.

So i came up with a different design which would meet the criteria, fit A4 paper and be eye catching. 
   

This is the design i came up with it sticks to the criteria and is also bright and  interesting, i needed to add some think more to make my final piece more interesting then just a plan background. so i thought back from all the different techniques i used over this project and remembered my background i used for my other design. With was surfing related works and colour to give it texture and add something interesting.
I really like my final design because it's refreshing, colourful and meets the criteria of being a surf related top.
If i was to sell my design in a surfing shop, I would sell one top for £12.99 it's not to cheap that i wouldn't make a profit but not to expensive that people wouldn't buy it.
This design is aimed at the younger market for 10-19 year old's.




this is the background i used in my other design .



No comments:

Post a Comment