Monday 18 March 2013

animation experiments


My backwards experiments.

Before i started my final animation i wanted to test out one technique which i would use in my advert.
This technique i wanted to test out is the backwards section. This part of the advert i wanted to rewind the frames at the end of the advert to know the viewers watching that this type of smoothie was made from real fruit. Nothing was added to it in the process so its healthy and natural. 

How i created this technique was to take photos in different stages for example the first tester i did was the white board. For this tester i had drawn out a picture which i then rubbed off. I took the photos from this and then added them to iMovie. I added them in order and after that i knew what photos went where. After i did that i put the photos backwards and then played it to a peer, this was a simple and effect way of the effect 'Rewind'  So when i played it back it looked like i was rubbing the picture on the white board. 

After i played the tester back and saw that it actually worked really well, i wanted to test different objects and different excises to do for example the 2nd one i tried was eating chips. It didn't really work that well it just looked like i was chewing and then taking the chips out of my month. 

My 3rd tester was the best one i created it. i thought it was really clever and effective. 
How i created this tester was to write a message on a bit of paper and screw it up. And put the paper in my mouth and chew. When i added it to i movie and changed the photos around it looked like i was re-chewing the paper taking it out of my mouth and showing the message to the camera. 

My 4th and last tester was with paint. I took a few photos of me squeezing paint on it a glass pad trying to make a smiley face. But when i changed it on i movie it looked like the paint want being sucked up from the glass pad in to the paint bottle. this tester actually looked really effective and i really liked the way it looked. 

These testers really helped me gain and improve my knowledge of i movie and the 'rewind' effect and how i would put it all together for my advert. If i didn't test this technique out before my final project i think i would of struggled a lot and would of made me stressed out even more because i wouldn't of known how it worked and wouldn't of had a lot of time to try it out. 











No comments:

Post a Comment