Monday 8 October 2012

Si Scott comparison to my own work

Si Scott Comparison to my own typography






This is Si scott typography, In class we did a comparison to he's work because if you look at he's work you can see the detail have curls and twists e.c.t. because our own project is about surfing the curls and twists symbolist waves.
so in lesson we followed a tutorial to creating our own typography.

 These are my own typography 
i followed the tutorial in lesson and found it quit hard to understand and follow but i tried my best. 
we had to complete two typography one in black and white and the other in colour.
As i already said i didn't really understand the tutorial and found it quit complex.
The tools on photoshop was hard to use and i have to change the settings a lot to try and make it work. It was along process to do and in the end i don't think my final results are that great. 
I don't think it looks any thing like Si Scott work, He's work is full and busy and mine is empty and bare. He's work has multiple of different yellows and oranges and mine is just  one plain colour. 
He's work and  multiples of different flicks, twists and curls and because i found it hard to do in photoshop i hardly have any. 








After i done my photoshop typography i created a hand drawn for my final example.
For this hand drawn typography i used a ruler, pencil and fine liner.
I  had draw a "totally awesome" typography.  I prefer my hand drawn one to my photoshop. Just because it different from Si Scott and my photoshop one too. I think it has more detail even though it doesn't have any colour. 
I prefer the curls and twisted in my hand drawn, i feel that it has more detail and is more my own style.
I think my final hand drawn example is good but i can do much better.So i took some time and added colour. 





By adding colour is has enhance my final outcome completely
it has given it depth and texture. By using water colour penicals
and water it has created this water feel great for my surfing project.
Also adding twist and curls and curves it also stick to the themes project surfing.
I thought about using different colours but i stick with blues and greens because i feel that symblises the sea.
I now really like my final drawn typography and i really think it sticks to the theme of my project and Si Scott has definitely inspired my work.


No comments:

Post a Comment