Wednesday 3 October 2012

Surf project

The Surf Project!


On our first day we had to match the logos to the logo types
there was 6 different ones to find out 1. Combination mark 2.Brandmark symbol 3.Letter mark 4.Emblem 5. Word mark and  6.Abstract this was an see what logo type we knew of.


After doing the logo types we draw logo icons, a quick 30 seconds sketch of different subjects e.g fish, seagulls, waves.

This is my surf project mind map.
This is full of useful information and ideas when was thinking about bands, logo names, target audience   , surf related works and existing surf brands. i filled the page with little quick drawing to get my idea flowing . My mind map really helped out with picking my final logo name.


This is my sheet of notes on What makes a good logo,
this was more of a question and answer session
i thought of all the different things that makes a good logo and wrote it all down and at the end of the session the class all talked out it and i added anymore notes that i didn't alright have.





Logo drawings
Here are my first 4 logo drawings i thought of Junky waves as my logo name so i tried to incorporate j,w into my work. we also had to try out different types of logo styles for example: letter mark, Combination mark ,Brand mark symbol,Emblem,Word mark and Abstract. 
Here is the another pages of my logo drawings.


                                                                   Calligrams  
                          

This is my calligrams that we used to try and an technique in photo shop in one of our lessons.
we was quite simple to do after following the video. by adding colour i think this is an effective logo and was considering using this an my final design. 




My final design   


 After putting a lot of thought in to it i decide to choose my mermaid design,  i followed my viedo 
i adding colour and a pattern to one of the tales. I really like this out come and thought it looked pretty good  My logo also has a hidden message to. Because the tales joins up togother it creates and W and the mermaid with the red hair stands for a J so that  Junky Waves. 


 This is an extra one i did in my free time. i used a different effect this time with the spray paint tool.
i really like this design too but it doesn't look as neat and my first one, if i had to choose i would choose my first final design. 

No comments:

Post a Comment